In saying that, within the past few months, I didn't have to force myself to be happy, I just am. I am able to stand up on my own feet and feel proud. I was always able to support myself, but yet my money came from my ex, I was still a dependant. I still get the same money from him, but now I also have my own, and there is so much satisfaction in that. Keep in mind I am not saying my satisfaction or happiness comes from money, but it is nice to know that without anyone else, I could support my children and myself financially, I haven't know this feeling in a while.
My purpose for the past couple of years has been raising and stimulating my girls, now I have another purpose and that feels good. I go to bed feeling complete, I have more of a purpose. My days have become a little more complicated of course, but I like it in a way that completes me. In the morning as I am shuffling my girls to the van, backpacks and lunchboxes in tow, I feel a sense of achievement. I am accomplishing this, on my own, with no ones help, I feel strong.
And the icing on this cupcake is, the time I spend at home with my girls, becomes oh so much more special, it means so much more. I am learning to cherish what I have, because I have earned it.
No comments:
Post a Comment