Sunday, December 20, 2015

Snowfall

Last night was my first winter in Northern Idaho.  Emotionally it was tough, and being a single woman who has never owned a house in the snow, weather wise, it was a bit to handle. 

I must say though, last year, compared to this year, night and day difference.  Last year, I dreaded going outside with my shovel, it was hard work that sometimes depending on the inches of snow Mother Nature gave me, could take an hour to clear.  This year, I place my cocktail in the snow drift, I take the time to listen, to hear the lack of noise, look at the beauty, that in the hustle and bustle can be so hard to find.  Tonight, I actually did my neighbors on both sides of my house, sidewalks, driveways, all inclusive.  And, I enjoyed myself.  I was able to look around, and accept my life, enjoy my life.  Yes, it is not the one that I ever thought I would live, but it is the one that I have, and I am going to embrace it and relish in what I have been given.

1 comment: