Don't we all just really want to fake it well? - Yancy Butler
So the other night I was sitting with a couple of my girlfriends, we were talking about social networks and how everyone tries to "put their best foot forward". We all post these status updates that say, I love my life, I am so blessed, be jealous of me, I did something with myself. But is that really true, is it honest? Are we trying to make some ex boyfriend from high school jealous that he didn't pick us, or that girl that was always the one we stacked ourselves beside and never felt adequate? Who are these status updates for, them or us!
I am a fan of Wheel of Fortune, I try to watch it whenever I can, it makes me feel smart when I can guess the puzzle before the contestants. But the funny thing that get me is the contestants during their intro. Hi, my name is Robin, I am from Roseville, CA, I have been married to my wonderful husband for five years, he is so amazing, and I have three amazing daughters! Really?! No one ever says, I think I drive my husband crazy, we totally annoy each other and I wonder every day if I am messing up my children psychologically! I understand that no one is actually going to go on national tv and admit their flaws, but seriously, who are you fooling. I am not buying your Wheel of Fortune intro, and I am definitely not buying your facebook status update! You are struggling just as much as me, your life is just as hard, no matter what type of life you live. Can't we all just get along, cant we all just bond with our struggles?
No comments:
Post a Comment