Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Uncertainty

I stand on the beach,
wondering.
The foam lingers on my toes.
Do I dive in,
do I wade.
Will I be sucked into the undertow if I travel out to far?
I am scared,
the seaweed wraps around my ankles.
Each wave carries the sand farther up my legs.
I want to experience the wonders of the unknown, but I am unsure of my safety.
There is so much in the deep blue sea that scares me.
Coral.
Sharks.
Fear.
What if I am taken down,
perhaps I can not handle its force.
What if I am not strong enough?
I know there is beauty within, but what if it is more than I can handle.
The waves are beautiful from afar,
but up close, they are overwhelming.
Do I sit on the beach and soak up the suns rays,
or do I venture out and explore what lies within the unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment