The hard thing is that I want to say something so bad. I want to state my feelings, get them out there for the world to understand, but I am starting to doubt that anyone can. Of course, how could anyone, they haven't lived my life. I am on a one laned, curvy road to divorce, with my two littlest strapped in the back, and I am trying to drive as safely as possible, but I am still running into a few potholes. We have agreed that we no longer have a future, but we have also agreed that for the time being we want to do things as a family for the girls to keep some level of normalcy for them. The crazy thing about that is you have two people who really don't want to be together pretending it is OK for two little girls who know it is not Ok. So I guess the answer lies there within. You can go to an event and smile for all the pictures and put whatever caption that you want underneath, because no one knows the comment made right before and it doesn't matter, because one of us is trying to save our pride.
Every day I must stand up for my decision, I must give my explanations, give the reasons! I have to be the strong one, which is not my cup of tea, or so I thought. I am learning my strengths, learning that I am so much stronger than I thought I was. Also, some people give their opinions even when I don't need to hear them, and I have to learn how to let that go. I am who I am for me and my girls, period.
you're right that is all you can do, all you can be but you are doing it with dignity, grace and humility even if it does not always feel that way. You are.
ReplyDelete