Monday, May 16, 2011

Pull Your Own Weight

Tonight I was watching one of the dance shows on TV. A professional dancer paired up with a celebrity. I dont watch it for its indepth conversation, I just love music and dance. But tonight something that was said struck a chord with me. The professional was coaching his little miss famous for God knows what, and he said "I am doing all the work here. All I want to do is not feel like I am towing around dead weight! I am all in, giving this my all, just hold your own weight!" It really made me think, how often do we get lazy in our relationships and expect our dancing partner to carrey our dead weight for us? We are going through our life and need to be lifted but we dont take into account that our partner may not need our added weight.

1 comment:

  1. well said, i feel like in EVERY SINGLE ONE of my relationships I am now dead weight and it's only a matter of time before I get dropped...

    ReplyDelete