So over the past 2 weeks I have tried to post a blog, My computer has frozen, or the auto save didnt work and all typing was lost, so here we go again.
Fourth time is a charm.
Here I sit, in my vulnerable state. No regrets, but lots of worries. I havent slept in the same bed, with a man, regularly, for over a year, but yet I find myself, sleeping on the couch most nights. For some reason, now things have changed, maybe it is because I finally moved out of "our" house, the building where things were supposed to get better at, the home we were supposed to rebuild together. But we didnt.
On Thanksgiving, I was without all three of my girls, and I had a day of reflection. I had to take a hard look at myself. I went to my old house, played with my dog, who I cant have anymore and is now my ex'es child. I poured myself a glass of wine, smoked a bowl, lit a cigarette, and threw the tennis ball to my boy for about an hour and a half. I said goodbye to my house, my life, my income, my dog. It was heartbreaking, at one point I was sitting in the doorway of the house I used to love so much, and my dogs face was in my lap and I just cried. I apologized for not being there for him over the past few weeks and for giving him up, for not being the person I wanted to be at the age of thirty six. I aplogized to myself for not fulfilling my dreams. But I also, stood strong and dusted off my ass and went with my head held high to my Thanksgiving engagement.
Ending any relationship is hard, marriage or not. But I feel from the bottom of my soul I have done something that is so true and right.
My life very well may be lonely forever, but I have never regretted my decicions, I have never thought they weren't the right ones for me to make. I am standing strong as I can on my own two feet, and I know that it is for the best, but I am still scared.
The other day I was talking to a girlfriend about love lost and moving forward in life. She told me, there is someone out there for you, just be strong and wait for it. And I had to call her bluff. My life does not depend on another man or somebody out there waiting for me. My life is depending on me, what I can do with it, how I can support my kids, how I can be strong within myself.
I am who I am, mistakes and all, I do not need to be saved, just understood, by anybody.
amen!
ReplyDeleteI have admiration, love and respect , for being brave, for standing true to your heart, following your path that you were meant to walk even if there is pain along the way. Loving yourself, and knowing exactly what you deserve, and not settling for anything less. Your amazing...
ReplyDelete