Saturday, January 14, 2012

Cleaning House and Taking Out The Trash

So lately, I have been going through a cleaning faze, friendship wise, that is.  If I am getting a divorce, I might as well get rid of all the garbage.  Sadly enough, I am realizing, I have a lot of garbage, physical and emotional.  Crazy thing is, I am so excited to put it on the curb.  Normally, I would be sad and nostalgic, but not this time.  For some reason,  I am thrilled over purging all my baggage.  I am ready to start over!  For so long I have been lugging these metaphorical suitcases behind me, and it is getting tiresome.  I am ready to leave them on the side of the road and catch the next bus, or walk for that matter. 

This past week, I am loosing a friend.  Maybe, if it was a different time in my life, I wouldn't loose him.  But right now, I am incapable of his bullshit.  Unfortunately, I am who I am, and I am where I am, and I can not stand for this melodramatic, highschoolish behaviour.  Our friendship after ten years is more than than that, I am better than that, and I did nothing wrong.  In saying that, I feel like at the age I am, I should only be having adult relationships that offer me pleasure or growth, not turmoil and stress. 

Before I ramble on and turn this into a bitch fest, I will stop and say this.  Be the best friend you can be, love who you love, and dance til  you get sweaty!

1 comment:

  1. Keep cleaning out those closets! Glad to see you are still writing. You rock.

    ReplyDelete