So tonight I was talking to a girlfriend from my childhood. We have known each other since about 8 or so years old. We lost contact over the years but came back in contact a few years ago due to the wonders of facebook.
Anyways, this morning she called me and I missed her call and was able to call her tonight after children were in bed. I asked her how she was doing and she let me into her life. Her husband of seventeen years had just visited a girlfriend of twenty years ago who is dying, any day now from brain cancer.
She told me that her husband had visited his ex last week who he hadn't seen in 18 years, but she wanted to say goodbye, and neither one of them wanted to deny her that.
She had talked about her feelings about it and how most of her friends had been negative about her husband visiting his ex to say goodbye.
Being the girl that I am, I saw it differently and said as much. What if this woman just wanted to say goodbye to the loves in her life. She is thirty five and her life is done, I would want to have some resolution.
And this is what started my wheels a churning, who would I call right now if I was lucky enough to have a deathbed to call people to.
I could think of at least one ex boyfriend I need to have my final words with. There are a few friends I haven't talked to in years that at least deserve a note or phone call.
Maybe, I should tell them now.
Live, Laugh and most of all Love.
No comments:
Post a Comment