So tonight I have been talking to an old friend, and by old, I mean he is just a year older than I am. I have known him since the summer before my second year of school. His father was actually my stepfathers boss. Weirdly enough, his father was the principal of the boarding school where my stepfather was the assistant dean of the boys dorm where we both went to high school at.
My family moved there due to issues that accrued between my stepfather and I. I used to go to Eric's house because he had four wheelers and was, oh so cool. Somehow, over the years we never lost touch, He always said that I am his little sister, even though half of my middle school evolved around me crushing on him.
Luckily for me, through elementary school and high school he never looked at me as anything more than a friend. And luckily for him in college, I never looked at him as more than the friend I had my whole life. Because, still to this day, we are still so close. We have the relationship that brothers and sisters should have, hopefully. We talk about relationships and what not, blah blah.
About a year ago, he had a dinner party to attend in my area, he no longer lives any where close to me or his family. Anyways, I went with him, and the whole night, we had to answer questions on how we were not together and we kept saying, we are practically related, leave us alone. I remember thinking that night, as I am still doing tonight damn, leave us alone, we are just friends.
We are born into our family. Some of us are very lucky and we are born into supportive people that listen to our problems and are tied to the drama that seeps from our veins. But then, sometimes we get lucky to have friends that have our back, even though we aren't related they will take a bullet for us, or at least listen to our drama at ten pm, when no one else answers.
Tonight, E told me he bought a ring for his girl. It is about time, he has been through a lot of my same situations and we have spent many a night over the past million years talking about the love we deserve and yet, do not get. I am so happy for him, but yet a little bit jealous.
No comments:
Post a Comment