Tonight, I went out to give my dog his late night pee, and there is my neighbor, he needs to bum a smoke so I give him a little shit, for avoiding me lately. Essentially, his verbage added up to his ego and me wanting nothing to do with him physically. I, naturally gave him his shit back and said, who cares if I don't want to mess around with you, we can be neighborly. What was shocking for me was his reaction was something along the lines of, I don't need to be friends with a girl unless I am getting something out of it. Of course, I grabbed my cigarette out of his mouth and went on my merry way. But it got me to thinking. Maybe, several years ago I would have giggled this off and not seen the asshole that this pompous ass really is.
I am so glad my life isn't several years ago, a little worried that I am single in the here and now, and hoping I have the advantage of years of dating and the knowledge of relationship skills at my back.
No comments:
Post a Comment