Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pleasures and Pain

One of my guilty pleasures is my TV shows. I must admit there is not much I love more than crawling in between those cool sheets at the end of a long day and grabbing that remote with my greedy little fingers.

Keep in mind, most of what I watch is complete crap and I am embarrassed to watch most of it, but not sorry, guilty pleasure! One of these so called shows is "Private Practice" a spin off of Grey's Anatomy. Possibly, I like this show because, here, we have a handful of successful, beautiful, normal as it may seem, people, that have problems. Ding, ding, ding, OMG, I have problems too! What a coincidence. Now, if these beautiful, successful, doctors, who are having way more sex than I am, and are wearing the latest fashions, are having problems, way worse than mine, then maybe, for the love of God, and this run on sentence, I just might be OK too!

So tonight, watching Private Practice, I was feeling the emotion of these pretend characters, and I was feeling their feelings, relating their life to my own. Maybe, this is the part of me or the reason why, I love these characters so much. Because if she can make this mistake, with her trust fund and her glitz and glamour, I am allowed to make my share of mistakes too.

Approximately, a year ago I woke up one morning next to my husband. I was awake, much longer than him and was lying on my back contemplating. He woke up, smiled at me with his morning breath and spoke two words, "Good Morning." All I could say as I looked at him was, "I want a divorce" I will not recite the rest, but let's just say a month later, I kissed another man.

Now there are many details, that are left out. But, am I pathetic to get strength from a television. I make my own thoughts and my decisions derive from them, but it is so nice to see that hot blond in Chanel make bad decisions too.

I know life is a journey of growth and development, but damn, can I take a sabbatical.

No comments:

Post a Comment