"We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another..." Luciano de Crescenzo
Monday, May 21, 2012
Mamas and Their Mania
So this past Mother's Day found me in a very different place than I have been. A little braver, a little stronger, very introspective. Now, Mother's Day is always weird for me, it falls right around my birthday, which some years can be a very hard time for me. As I turn a year older, I start to judge myself, or I guess I should say I try NOT to judge myself. I have long since learned not to compare my self to others, if I start that, I might as well call it a life and hit the restart button. But I must admit, as a new age approaches, I do take a deeper look at my achievements and goals.
This year surprisingly was not that big of a deal though. Maybe, because this past year or so, I have lost a lot and had to recover, friends, homes, husbands, money even family.
No longer is my focus what I do not have, it is what I do have. When going through a divorce and dividing up possessions you realize, how monetary all your belongings really are. I can start from scratch as long as I have my girls. The flat screen TV doesn't really matter that much, maybe I will afford one later.
I have lost some friends, friends I thought would walk through the fire with me. That was one of the hardest things, but oddly enough, there is always somebody there to fill up their places. Luckily, I moved right beside some girls that have become my good friends.
Who knows what I will be doing next Mothers Day, but whatever it is, I will be OK and I will still be rolling with life's punches.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment