Thursday, June 23, 2011

All the Single Ladies

It is funny when you buy a car, all you see after that, is your make and model. When you get a divorce, apparently, it is the same, all you see on TV, or radio, is divorce. Every where I look is divorce, movies, tv shows, it is all the same. The other night I turned on the tv and here was the movie that I was told to watch, War of the Roses. A exaggerated comparission to say the least but still, a comparission. A couple married for years, fighting over a house and taking it to the exstreme. I get it, my house it nothing like the one in the movie, but yet we are still fighting over it. Belongings broken, words you cant take back said, that is the way of the beast.

Then yesterday, I was watching horrible daytime tv, a talkshow, no less. There was this poor lady, my age, distressed over not being married or having a wedding. Her main concern was her wedding. She wanted the pomp and curcumstance. And I get it. Once upon a time, I was a girl who wanted a wedding and a marriage, not knowing what it all entailed. And I had the wedding of my dreams, that cost more than most peoples yearly salaries. It was beautiful, amazing, I will never look that good again or have so many eyes on me. But, it was the beginning of the end, loniless, looking for my groom who was out in the parking lot. Beautiful as it was, it can never be a fantasy.

This poor woman, was planning her weeding without a groom, witouout a boyfriend, or even a man in mind, she just wanted a wedding. It made me so sad. I had the perfect ceremony, minus the rain and the screwed up flowers, and the groom doing god knows what in the parking lot with his groomsmen. It was picture perfect, my album is well worth the five thousand dollars it cost. It all looks amazing! My marriage for that matter looks amazing. But life is so much more than that. Dont be married just to be married. Dont be in a relationship just cuz that is what your friends are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment