Thursday, March 31, 2011

Perfection

Good days are sometimes harder to find than others. But today was easily captured with many perfect moments. Not only was my boss, a.k.a. Mr. Allovertheplace, not there for all of the morning and most of my afternoon, but then I came home to two of my three girls and sunshine.

Last spring I discovered two beautiful doves, I named Bob and Harriet. Hours after our first contact, I rushed out and bought 7 bird feeders, plenty of bird seed and a bird bath. Months later they built their nest and created their family.

It has been months that I have seen them, I had decided that they were able to read my sadness and decided that since doves mate for life, my backyard was not the one they wanted to dwell in.

But today, after I got off of work, I take my two little girls into the back yard. We play in the sandbox and throw a few balls. Later, as I am trimming a few overgrownn bushes, there are my doves, Bob and Harriet, feet away from my littlest babies. I, alert them of the birds pressence and for twenty minutes all play within five feet of each other.

Pure perfection!

1 comment:

  1. I love it, I don't think they left because of your strife I believe they went on a little vaca together

    ReplyDelete